Large percentage of people who are in their late 30’s and 50’s will begin to notice knee pain. This makes them feel difficult to climb stairs and squat. They might also notice little swelling on their knee, all these are the early indications of arthritis. The impact of knee pain can mostly be minimized by reducing body weight, regular exercise or by medications. Knee replacement is adopted when all other alternative procedures does not yield good results.
Knee Replacement is the process of replacing the weight bearing surface of knee by means of an artificial substitute.
Types of knee replacement
1. Total Knee Replacement: Here the damaged knee joint is replaced by an artificial material called prosthesis.
- Affordable cost
- Quick recovery
- Less hospital stay
- Improves mobility
2. Partial Knee Replacement: Knee is divided into 3 compartments. Here only the damaged compartment is replaced with artificial substitutes. Partial knee replacement is also known as Unicondylar knee replacement.
- Fast recovery
- Less pain and blood loss
In addition to this revision knee replacement, hiflex knee replacement are also used.
- Osteoarthritis: Occurs when the cartilage present between bones break.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Here the body’s immunity system attacks the thin membrane present on the walls of joints.
- Juvenile arthritis: It is usually occurred in children below the age of 16.
- Gout: Swelling in a joint.
- Knee injury
Joint and Bone Solutions, provides a complete solution for all your orthopedic problems. Dr. Biren Nadkarni is one of the best knee replacement surgeon in Delhi, who has performed more than 500 successful joint replacement surgeries in his career.
Visit Us: http://www.drbirennadkarni.com/
Email Us: email@example.com